Core Responsibilities: People/Teams, Processes, Products, Customer Satisfaction, Profit, Growth & Communication – a participating member of Driscoll Top Hay Team.
Operates, maintains, and transports equipment to and from the worksite, ensuring safe, efficient, responsible loading and unloading of trailers. Responsible for coordinating with managers and DTI for all inbound hay from the field to the press. Working regular schedules, in all types of weather, under hazardous conditions, around operating equipment, and/or a noisy environment. A member of Driscoll Top Hay team.
· Transport equipment to and from worksite in a safe and appropriate manner, while maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
· Responsible to load and/or unload product in a safe, efficient and responsible manner.
· Responsible to identify and record lot numbers of hay and document them for inventory.
· Provide all documentation for inventory to the drivers and reconcile it with DTH inventory manager.
· Responsible to work closely with Driscoll Transportation in the coordination of, when, where and how many trucks are necessary each day for bringing product to the press.
· Responsible to perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment, routine cleaning and maintenance will ensure smooth operations of the loader. Report any damage and/or needed repairs to supervisor.
· Responsible to load only quality graded hay is transported to the press. This will require checking for moisture, conducting a field level grading of hay. Training will be provided and ongoing training will be required to ensure consistency is maintained.
· Responsible to restack rejected hay as instructed.
· Help maintain accurate inventory counts, both in the field and at the press
· Attend and participate in weekly Tailgate Safety meetings.
· As required assist back at the press when needed.
· Keep work area clean.
· Assist management with Key Metrics for Personnel and see that goals are achieved focusing on Product Safety Industry Standards, training hours, team work, and customer satisfaction.
· Shutdown equipment and properly secure upon completion of assigned task.
· Other duties assigned by, manager, Plant Manager.